How to get ODBC drivers?
At the time of this writing, ODBC Drivers are shipped either
heitml has been tested with unixODBC. It is recommended to use unixODBC 2.2.0 or later.
- with the latest iODBC (http://www.iodbc.org) distribution,
- with the latest unixODBC (http://www.unixodbc.org) distribution,
- with Linux distributions like RedHat or SuSE,
- or with the latest
Creating Data Sources
To access a database from heitml you must create an ODBC data source.
The data source must have a unique name. This name has
to be specified through the
datasource parameter in the heitml configuration file.
The data source for the demo application is named
The following instructions apply to unixODBC.
To create an ODBC data source, either use the ODBC Administrator of the ODBC distribution, e.g.
odbcinst, or edit the
Creation of an ODBC data source width
ODBCConfig is as follows:
ODBCConfig from the shell.
- In the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' window, click the 'System DSN' tab.
- Now click on the 'Add' button.
- Click on the entry with the driver of your favorite database system to highlight it and then click 'Ok'.
- In the window coming up, enter
as the Data Source Name and provide further database specific information.
Depending on the database systen this might require
to create a database and database user first.
- When you are finished, save your changes and exit.
This page was dynamically generated by the
web application development tool RADpage
Try the AJAX Article
(in German) on www.h-e-i.de.
© 1996-2021 H.E.I. All Rights Reserved.